Saturday, May 15, 2010

Victoria Falls

Yesterday me and Axel discovered Victoria Falls...... sometimes it's better to let the pictures do the talking.

First Glimpse


The water hits you from every direction

On the edge


Glad I brought my coat




Took a Microflight to get a birds eye view

Some pics from Axel's flight





It would be tough to find a better sunset


Not my pic.. .. but gives you scale of what we saw.
The face is currently 1.7km across
At the moment 900mil litres are following over every minute

3 comments:

Jess Po said...

Awesome Pics... keep having fun! I'm glad you did a microflight... glad it wasn't me though!!!

Unknown said...

Timbo, very impressive waterfall... I just visited Iguazu Falls on the border of Argentina and Brazil. 2km across and 1.3mil liters a second! Not as tall as Victoria but a little more magnitude...

Anonymous said...

Oh yeh, well i just went to Erskine Falls at the back of Lorne. 1.3 metres across, 1.3 litres per hour. Wooo-yeh!

Ryan.