Saturday, November 25, 2006

Who is John Scott?

When I boarded a bus on Hollywood blvd earlier this evening I didn't expect too much from the journey.

But thanks to my larger than life "Franz Ferndinand" T-shirt the bus driver (a now known avid military historian) and I struck up a conversation about the original Archduke himself. A couple of stops later the conversation has transgressed to current world politics soon after moving onto the war in Iraq. At which point an elderly man sitting across from me joins into the conversation and everything progresses along just fine. As we chat I am drawn to a bright Orange Sticker stuck to his breifcase. At the next stop a lady boards the bus, immediately striking up a friendly side conversation with him, it's at that point I know there is something more about him, and there was, he was "John Scott".

Who is that you ask? Well John Scott is no different from you or me, except for one thing perhaps. As John is chasing his dream, and to me that in itself says more about LA than anything. Cause if I've learnt one thing from my short time here its that this truly is...... the city of dreams.

But in saying that... they won't catch me napping as tomorrow I'm off to Tijuana!!!!

Oh I also saw Paris Hilton drive passed in a black Porsche today but I think that John's story was much more "Hollywood".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tim, your journey has truly begun, your urge to seek out randoms and find out about how they fit into this World is taking over... enjoy it :)