Saturday, December 02, 2006

Tijuana to Los Moschis with plenty in between....

¿Que Tal?

Hey you know these Mexican guys are a really expressive bunch, really in touch with their infeminin side, as just 20 minutes ago I was sitting in a park here in Los Mochis when two local guys came up to me and started complementing me on my lovely legs. One even carressed my knee? But I figure it´s all normal as last week when I was in Tijuana a pair of cops did pretty much the same thing only they also got me to put my hands on their car bonnett beforehand, but I figure that´s the Baja style.... yes no?

Well it has been an eventful week and just for the record Tijuana isn´t a place I recommend to any solo traveller. It´s a circus act, with Zebra´s and everything... well donkey´s painted as zebras but hey, stupid gringos like me can´t tell the difference right? Actually their main street (Ave Revolución) has still got me puzzled. It lies in that grey area that´s between, "La Rambla" Barcelona (for crowds), the Red light district Amsterdam for sex shows and Kuta beach Bali for street hasslers... truly unique, but also nothing to hang your hat on either.

After Tijuana I took myself to the more "tranquilo locación" of Mulegé. This small quiet town is situated just in from the coast about halfway down the Baja pennisula, thankfully a long way from Tijuana. I spent four days there and loved every one of them, even managed a night scuba dive in the Sea of Cortez; the local plankton living up to their reputation too, lighting up like fire flys when we turned our torches off.... truely incredible.

Amongst all this I´ve also had time to meet the Mexican secretary of Tourism (a very handy business card when dealing with Tijuanian Police), comprender en poco mas español (understand a little more spanish) and lose my camera on the ferry ride from hell.

Hasta pronto amigos....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear you made it to Mexico. That night dive would have been awesome. Hope you didn't lose too many photos when your camera went missing.

All the best!

Anonymous said...

Hope that map leading to the peyote keeps you in good stead, remember to go right at the cactus...

Anonymous said...

Love reading your stories Tim, never a dull moment and always entertaining!! Thanks Hutchy for getting me on to this NNN Bulletin, many laughs have been had reading the past entries... Expecting big things boys!! Look after each other and all the best.. "get your back into your living"

Lize x