Thursday, December 21, 2006

Back to Shhhhkoooool....

I just tried to start this with some philsophical spanish phrase, but it's a waste of time.... as my grammar stucks!

On Saturday Hutch and I left the crazy cliff divers of Acapulco and headed East. Our 8 hour bus ride brought us here, to Puerto Escondido. The town is famous for its surfing but we were here in search of knowledge; in the form of the Spanish Language to be more precise.

Armed only with our Trotter diary, on Monday we both took a deep breath then pushed on the wooden gate at institutio de Puerto Escondido. It flung open without resistance and soon after we were both sitting down at a desk like a pair of pre-schoolers waiting for their morning milk. Within minutos we had added "¿De Donde Eres?" (where are you from?) & "Necisito los baños" (I need the toilet) to our repitoir and all was looking up. But as Hutchy put it to me before school:
"Timmy, my brain can only hold so much information. When something new goes in, something old drops out."
And how right he was, for both of us! As after absorbing a day of well taught spanish we down right plain forgot to even take our brains with us on the way out! Getting "muy borrachard" (very drunk) that night as a result. This was followed by a day of truency for Hutch and two very draining solo lessons for me.

But with our plumas in hand, (pen I think?) today we continued the fight, soaking up every little bit of Español that our dried up sponges would allow us. Will we ever gain that cherished pen license? Well based on my poor gramatical skills and Hutchy's ever rumbling stomach (he's had the sh*ts for a week) no es probable, but we're still enjoying the dip regardless!

3 comments:

Guy Ellis said...

Tim, do you know the 2 most important sentences in Spanish?

Dos cervezas por favor.
Mi amigo pagara.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I was just curious whether you have run into Dora at all?? She's quite the explorer you know... and she makes a mean sandwich - I'd even go as far as to say they are DELIOUSIOSO (spelling is poor on my behalf!)